Monday, June 25, 2012

IN DENIAL

I found a gray hair. The first one. I'm sure there are more but this is the first one I've seen. I did my hair on Sunday morning and there was this unruly hair sticking up right on the top of my head. Upon further inspection, I found that it was much lighter than the rest of my hair...much, much lighter. I pulled it right out so that I could take a closer look. Sure enough - gray. Actually, it was more white than gray. 
Now, I've always found gray hair to be beautiful and distinguished - on other people. I know that other people my age have joyfully embraced their stray grays but I'm just not sure that I'm ready. Not ready for the change. Time is passing so quickly. All that I can hope for is that with the gray comes wisdom and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment