Friday, October 28, 2016

HODGE PODGE

This is just kind of a hodge-podge of life right now...a roller coaster of emotions....ups and downs...the stresses of life and raising kids.

I ordered a pack of yoga cards on Amazon and the kids have had a lot of fun going through them! 
Ah, Weight Watchers. I hardly know what to say about this journey but I do know that looking at these pictures side by side is motivated, encouraging and uplifting. It's so easy to get dragged down by everyday failures when it comes to diet and exercise but I've proved that I can do it....now I just need to keep going!
Anyone tired of making supper? Me!! I'm excited about this new cookbook....maybe it will inspire me. I hope. 
I never imagined the things we would encounter as parents. Sometimes it seems like the emotional burden is heavy...when kids are sick, when things go wrong, even when things are good and right....there is always something in the back of our minds. We are trying a new trick to keep little hands busy instead of biting fingernails and other nervous habits. We are hoping that early intervention will lead to a healthier, happier, less anxious life. More than ever I'm so thankful for family and friends who support us in our efforts. 
"You have to be able to love yourself before you can love anyone else...yet marriage will not tolerate selfishness." 
I'll be the first to admit that marriage takes work. Even the best matched people probably run into glitches once in awhile. 
I love this book. It explains things like communication so clearly that it's hard not to apply its advice. I highly recommend it. Oh, and P.S. Don't worry. We're fine :) 
My friend Jen sent my this awesome shirt. Seriously, it fits me to a T!! How do I explain my relationship with Target? I would say it's thriving. How many packs of diapers, gallons of milk and bottles of dish soap have I purchased? How many times have I hauled all of the kids from the back of the store to the front, just so one of them could go potty? How many times have I walked through the aisles, pushing the cart with a screaming toddler while nursing the baby? How many times have I left the store feeling like it was the best workout I had all week because of the kid juggling and running around? And what is it about Target that makes you so hot!? How many times have I had free time and found myself just wandering the aisles and enjoying the peace and quiet? How many times have I gone to Target just for the simple reason of wanting to go simply because I. Love. Target? More than I can count.
I never thought I would be a Lego mom. I swore I would never buy Legos. Seriously, I love Duplo Legos!! They are awesome! Lesson learned. Never say never. 
I'm a big fan of baby teeth. Ava's front tooth is so loose so I snapped a picture just so I could have one of her baby teeth. :)
If anyone is wondering, we still paint in our undies at our house. :)

Ever heard of Bill Staines? He's my new favorite musician. 

And now it's the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment